- Started up my website
- Started my Facebook page
- Posted my 1st few items to my old etsy shop
- Posted my 1st items to my zazzle shop
- Generally started trying to do this Bent Realm thing full time.
- Started doing some art I’m really proud of, for Bent Realm.
- Set a plan for the year that was too ambitious & not very organized.
- Tried out that Link Love thing on Facebook, but ultimately decided not to get too heavy into it.
- Discovered ArtFire and opened a shop there.
- Got mad at myself for still not having posted 12.2 of Decadent Angels
- Generally worked on stuff…
- Got stressed out by costs related to having a car.
- Was disappointed by my less than encouraging art posting rate.
- Was realizing that this online shopkeeping & full time art & writing thing was taking more time to adjust to and find my directions with than I liked.
- Tried to prepare stuff for National Poetry Month but didn’t get very far.
- Had our home life situation become more tricky.
- Began getting extra frustrated with etsy.
- Opened my zibbet shop at the end of the month
- We finally got a new scanner/printer (scanner is crucial to what I do) (unless I’m remembering it wrong & we got it in March)
- That month was kinda hard & frustrating.
- And I don’t remember a lot about accomplishments then.
- Our home life situation became less tricky towards the end of the month.
- However the finances took some hits from the trickiness, hits we’re still not totally recovered from.
- I think this was when I finally started listing stuff in my ArtFire shop.
- My art pace picked up during the last week.
- Writing was still not happening often enough for my satisfaction.
- This was the highest output level of art for the year, managed to sustain an art routine for several weeks in a row.
- At the end of the month I won a free for life premium seller account with zibbet which really gave me the courage to stop using my etsy & artfire shops like I wanted.
- Gradually emptied my etsy & artfire shops into my zibbet shop.
- Reduced the number of blogs I was trying to maintain.
- Generally spent the month trying to simplify things.
- Some personal woes that started in January came to a head, though I still don’t know the results of that, cuz it’s just hard to face and outta my hands anyhow.
- I received a jury summons for Arizona. I live in Illinois. *shakes head at flawed system*
September – November 2010
- These months flew by so fast I still got whiplash from the time whoosh.
- Generally just trying to find my footing or direction for Bent Realm, and working as best I could at the time.
- And earned some extra income cleaning the unit next door, so the landlord can rent it out, took longer than I would have liked but finished in early November.
- Unfortunately the house cleaning gig wrecked my rhythm & momentum in creating stuff for listing in my shops. So that slowed.
- Failed at NaNoWriMo. Pout.
- Had a major break through in my organization process
- Had a decently productive month.
- Had the highest number of shop visits to my zibbet shop of any month in 2010. which meant I was doing a better job at promoting & more consistent status updating.
- Got a pen & tablet for Christmas. Best. Present. Ever.
So that’s about all I can remember worth putting in the review. I’ve got big plans for 2011. Sure again I’m being ambitious, but I think the better organization makes up for that. That and my routines are picking up. Just plain have better tools & equipment at the start of 2011 than I did for 2010.
How was your 2010? Do you think 2011 is starting off better?